ARCTIC MX-5 (8 G) - Ultimate Performance Thermal Paste for All Processors (CPU, GPU - PC, PS4, Xbox), Extremely High Thermal Conductivity, Long Durability, Safe Application, Non-Conductive
Subcribe to back in stock notification
- MULTIPLE VARIANTS: ARCTIC MX-5 is available in sizes ranging from 2 to 50 grams. Resealable packaging prevents the paste from drying out. Alternatively available with spatula
- SAFE TO USE: ARCTIC MX-5 is completely metal-free, eliminating the risk of short circuits, discharges and corrosion damage to the radiator bottom
- EASY APPLICATION: Thanks to its viscosity, MX-5 is easy to apply. It spreads evenly and allows for a very thin layer regardless of the application method used
- VERSATILE USES: Can be used on CPUs, GPUs and power semiconductor components. Thanks to its excellent properties, the ARCTIC MX-5 can be used in many scenarios without hesitation
- EXCELLENT RESULTS: ARCTIC MX-5 can be applied in a particularly thin layer. In combination with its high thermal conductivity, this results in very low thermal resistance
With its new formula, the MX-5 allows a low minimum bondline thickness and thus features in combination with a high thermal conductivity a very low thermal resistance. Thanks to its non-drying and non-bleeding properties, it guarantees a good long-term performance.
Lowest Thermal Resistance
The surfaces of processor chips and cooler floors are covered with microscopic dents; ARCTIC‘s MX-5 thermal paste is composed of carbon microparticles which fill these cavities. This leads to high thermal conductivity, guaranteeing that heat is dissipated efficiently from the CPUs, GPUs or power semiconductor components.
Thanks to its consistency, MX-5 is easy to apply, even for beginners. The video in the picture gallery demonstrates different application techniques to avoid air pockets between processors and coolers.
In contrast to pastes based on metal oxides or liquid metal, ARCTIC MX-5 is neither electrically conductive nor capacitive. This eliminates the risk of short circuits and discharges, plus you don't have to worry about corrosion damage to the cooler base caused by liquid metal.
Since the mere thermal conductivity value cannot provide any information about the actual performance, we put our MX-5 thermal grease up against a broad field of competitors under laboratory conditions. The temperature difference between CPU and cooler base was measured.
Viscosity: 550 Poise
Density: 3.2 g/cm³
Continuous Use Temperature: -40~180 ℃
Volume Resistivity: 1.9 X 10^13 Ω-cm
Breakdown Voltage: 250 V/mil
Promise: 8 Year Durabillity
Size & Weight (Packaging)
- Width: 18 mm
- Height: 116 mm
- Length: 27 mm
- Weight: 17 g
|Dimensions||/||/||/||/||/||120 x 20 mm|
|Thermal Conductivity||/||/||/||/||/||1.2 W/mK|
|Specific Gravity||3.2 g/cm³||3.2 g/cm³||2.50 g/cm³||2.50 g/cm³||3.96 g/cm³||2.3 g/cm³|
|Continuous Use Temperature||-40~180 ℃||-40~180 ℃||-50~150 ℃||-50~150 ℃||0~150 ℃||-40~150 ℃|
|Volume Resistivity||1.9 X 10^13 Ω-cm||1.9 X 10^13 Ω-cm||3.8 X 10^13 Ω-cm||3.8 X 10^13 Ω-cm||1.22 X 10^12 Ω-cm||1 X 10^12 Ω-cm|
|Viscosity||550 Poise||550 Poise||870 Poise||870 Poise||850 Poise||/|